Wednesday, July 2, 2008

There's a Nightmare in my Closet

preschooled07-20.gif

Parker has a new favorite book.  Actually, "favorite" doesn't  really do it justice.  It's more of an obsession!  He wants to read it nonstop.  I don't understand what it is about it, but he never seems to get sick of it.  He now has to take it with him whenever we leave the house.  As we walk out to go shopping or even play outside, he always says, "I bring my nightmare."  He talks about it at church or in other public places, and I'm sure people wonder what he's talking about.  In sacrament meeting he was crying asking where his nightmare was.  I want my nightmare, he kept saying.  I told him it was home and he asked if I would go get it.  I'm sure people in church were wondering what his nightmare is. 


We have read it so much, he is starting to memorize it.  IT's so cute!  I can start the sentence, and on almost every page, he can finish it for me.  My dad always tells me this is an important part in kids learning to read, so as much as I'm starting to hate the dumb book, I think it's probably good for him, and I think it's cute that he loves it so much, so I don't really fight him much.


So, I'm wondering if any of your kids have favorite books, or if you can remember a favorite book you had as a child.  I would like to know about it.

1 comment:

Maria said...

That is adorable! My favorite book as a kid was "Angelina Ballerina" . . . all I remember was it was about a little mouse who dreamed of being a ballerina. I also wanted to be a ballerina so it was a fitting book. I actually took a ballet class here at UW because I still think being a ballerina would be cool. :)