This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to travel with a few friends to Cincinnati and attend Time Out For Women. It was so worth the trip! I'm so glad I was able to go. I'm so glad my wonderful husband was willing to watch the kids and give me a weekend away! We left Friday afternoon and got there just in time. Friday night we heard from Wendy Watson Nelson, the wife of Elder Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve, as well as Sheri Dew, and music from both Hilary Weeks and Jenny Oaks Baker. Saturday we heard more music from Hilary Weeks, and the speakers were S. Michael Wilcox, Kim Nelson, Emily Watts, and Kris Belcher. Every single speaker was so good! I laughed, I felt the spirit, I was inspired, uplifted, and edified. I learned so much about being a better mom, wife, friend, and daughter of God.
The theme was "Sweet Assurance", and throughout the weekend, we were asked to ponder what is one thing I know no matter what. I would like to share some of the things I was reminded of that I know no matter what.
I have the sweet assurance that my Savior loves me and that He died for ME.
I have the sweet assurance that when life gets difficult, I can remember that there is someone Who walked before me, and someone who walking with me.
I have the sweet assurance that He feels my sorrows. He doesn't just know and understand, but He feels my sorrows.
I have the sweet assurance that Heavenly Father has entrusted His choice spirits in my care.
I have the sweet assurance that Heavenly Father will not give me more than I can handle with my Savior's help.
I have the sweet assurance that if I give what I can, He will take that and use it to bless others.
I have the sweet assurance that I am a Daughter of God
and so much more! I have about 20 pages full of notes from the weekend of all I learned and I wish I could share it all with you!
I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of my Father in Heaven, and that He gives us great opportunities like Time Out For Women to remind us of all that we believe! I hope that this weekend makes me a better person. If Time Out For Women comes anywhere even remotely near you, I would highly recommend you find a way to be there. I promise you it will be worth it.
9 comments:
Oh- I am so glad you got to go to this! I have been hearing about these and need to make a point to go to one! What a great weekend away!
That's awesome that you got to go to that, and thanks for sharing your "sweet assurances." Sometimes I need to be reminded of those things I know are true.
What a wonderful opportunity! There are a group of women in my ward/stake that go every year!
Hey Tiff, that was a great post. I want to go even more now! LOL, I am glad that you had such a great time.
I have the sweet assurrance that you a such a great mother and wife to my sweet nephews and my great brother! I am thankful for you!
That was so fun! I had a great time with all you girls!
BTW, I am stealing your picture for my blog post because I didn't take any pictures. STOLEN!
I heard it was great. I am so going next year. No excuses! Can I watch your little ones for you on Saturday while you are moving? Call me and let me know!
Thanks for sharing, Tiffany. You are such a neat person. I am so glad that we are friends.
Its a great idea thanks for sharing such a nice ideas...
___________________
Susana
Best place for your complete Internet marketing
Post a Comment