Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's a big brother for?

For burying
I was cleaning and I could hear Parker playing in the other room, but I had no idea what he was up to.  A few minutes later, my parents came home for lunch, and Parker ran to them and yelled, "grandpa, I'm playing cars with Kaeson!"

For smothering
Parker getting right in Kaeson's face is a very common occurrence around our house.

For playing "Do as I'm doing"
Parker likes to act just like Kaeson, so one day, he climbed right up on Lance's lap, laid down right beside Kaeson, and started sucking his thumb just like Kaeson was doing.

For Teaching
Their conversation in the tub a few days ago:
Parker: Kaeson what's this letter?
Kaeson: (silence)
Parker: It's a G like Gina, Kaeson.
and so it went through about ten more letters.

For offering comfort
I got in the shower and told Parker as I always do, to come tell me if Kaeson started to cry.  When I stepped out of the shower, I could hear that Kaeson was, in fact, getting a little fussy.  Rather than come get me, as he usually does, Parker was standing by his side, and offering a comforting hand to Kaeson's shoulder.  It was one of those great melt your heart moments of the day.

For keeping warm
When I asked Parker what he was doing, he responded with, "Kaeson was cold mommy"

I'll bet you had no idea that being a great big brother entailed so much hard work!!! As you can see, Parker meets the job description quite well.

15 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

Parker is so stinkin cute! I love the stories with the photos. They show his true personality! What a fun time in your life!
~Britt~

Texie said...

how cute! love them!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO FUNNY!! I love the first picture, with Parker's huge grin! What cute boys you have!

The Hokanson's said...

This makes me pretty excited for you to come home! I like that you mentioned the G that parker was telling kaeson about!:) Love ya!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

So my house is normal?! Yeah! It is so fun to see how kids interact with each other huh? We've got a few of those buried pictures too, Eric says it makes them tough. :o) Your boys are adorable! Hope your holidays are great!

Edie and Luke said...

That is so cute! Parker is really sweet to his brother! That's good! I wish he would come here and teach Carter how to be nice!

Milmonster said...

I think I have some pictures like that of myself when I was a baby. Nice to know that my brother was really trying to take care of me:)
Cute.

Raegan said...

Those pictures of Kaeson being buried are so funny! I can't believe how big Parker is getting! And I love all of Kaeson's hair! Too cute! We miss you guys!

BeeP said...

So cute! I love it! Your boys are so adorable. Tell Gina she needs to invite me to her private blog! I don't have her address.

Tricia said...

So cute!

Randy and Haley Davis Family said...

I love it!! I can totally relate... Tyler is always doing everything for Jace!! Hope we get to see you guys over the holiday break. I will call you and we can try to work something out!!!

Heather Mills said...

What a sweet big brother! I feel like I haven't see you guys in ages!

Ryan and Ashley said...

SO FUNNY! What a great brother. hahahah

vandi said...

Tiff...that was so cute. I especially love the Kaeson piled with toy pictures. How funny: ) It'll be fun to experience the whole sibling thing with baby number two: )

Texie said...

I think that it is fun that you have had so many babies born on both sides of the family in one year! that makes it...8 this year, right? i think you have the record! 7 cousins close to Kaeson's age, wow!