Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

This year we spent Thanksgiving with a few great friends in our ward.  This is the first year since Lance and I have been married that we have not been with family for Thanksgiving.  My very favorite thing about the holidays is that it gives you a chance to be with family, so I was a little sad about not being home.  Luckily, our good friends the Clowards so kindly invited us to spend Thanksgiving with them and the Wyatts and we had a great time.  The Clowards are the sweetest, most caring people, and we feel honored to be invited to join in their traditions. 

All of us playing Bingo.  Brad must not have been having a very good game, because he doesn't look very happy here!


Megan admiring her Bingo prize.

Megan somehow convinced Heather and I to get up early and do some Black Friday shopping. I have never lived in a town where there was anywhere to go shopping on Black Friday, so I wanted to go, just because I could. When the alarm went off, I thought we were crazy!  We ended up having so much fun and finding such great deals, that it was totally worth braving the crazy crowds and even worth getting up at 6 am.  
All our goods we found at Kohl's.  Don't worry, mine was only those few things you see on top.  

As soon as I got home from shopping with the girls, we headed right back out as a family to do some more shopping and let Parker see Santa.  He was so excited, and talked about it nonstop until we got there.  I wasn't sure how he would actually do once we got there.  While we were waiting in line, he started trying to get away, and I was a little nervous, but when it was his turn to go, he marched right up and sat right on his lap.  I couldn't hear what he told him, but he says he asked for a car rug and a car.  He kept begging the rest of the day for a car rug.  Apparently, he thought asking Santa for it meant he should get it right then.  



2 comments:

Sarah B. said...

That looks like so much fun! And even a great Santa picture to top it off...NICE!

Ryan and Ashley said...

That is hilarious! (about Parker) I wish I could get all the presents that I asked Santa for too!