As you can imagine, around here, the Kentucky Derby is kind of a big deal! Some friends in our ward through an awesome derby party full food, fun, friends, and kids running everywhere! We had a blast. They had a derby hat contest, and everyone bet on the race. I of course didn't pick the winners so well, but it was lots of fun anyway. I have decided we should always have a big Derby celebration! I don't know why, but I love Derby. Maybe someday we will actually make it to the races, but for now, we will just enjoy watching it on TV!
Our little family waiting for the race.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5469053088013580914" />
Sarah showing off her prize for best Derby hat.

Natalie won the betting on the race.

I love Derby hats! So Katherine and I went on a hunt for cute derby hats the day before, but we didn't realize how expensive Derby hats are around here, so we opted for these 3 dollar hats and dollar store flowers and made them ourselves. Not the best imitation, but the price was right! Katherine's turned out lots cuter because she spray painted hers!
2 comments:
Cute little family you have! Gotta love Parker's patented grin! And oh my Tiff, you look like you are ready to pop! jk. Can't even tell you are pregnant!
Cute pics! I want to have a derby party.....
Post a Comment