Thursday, December 10, 2009

Playing catch up again

Our last few weeks have been full of craziness and excitement. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with great friends. And then a few of us girls did some mad Black Friday shopping. We left the house at 3:45 and got back home at about 12:30 with many wonderful finds. I was extremely pleased with my purchases. I have never done Black Friday shopping before because I've never lived anywhere with any shopping around, but I have to say I have become quite a fan! It's definitely worth braving the crowds if you ask me.

Saturday morning we took the kids to the mall to see Santa. Parker was pretty excited about it. And he loved chatting with Santa. Kaeson on the other hand doesn't consider Santa much of a friend just yet. I'm pretty sure I have a very similar picture of me sitting with Santa at this exact same age. While we were waiting in line to see Santa, they had some of the crazy mirrors, and the kids were pretty entertained by them. Parker kept jumping up and down to see how it distorted him and laughing. Kaeson just kept getting really close to it and putting his face against it.

Last weekend, Gina and Dave flew out to visit us for the weekend. We were so glad to have the company and I had a great time hanging out with them. Lance had finals to study for, so we weren't able to do a lot of fun stuff, but we were happy to have them here! Parker loved having Peyton around to play with.

We are heading out tomorrow to spend the holidays with family. We are so excited! It's been since July that we've been out with family. It will be so fun to have a break from the stresses of school for a few weeks, and just enjoy family and the holidays.





2 comments:

Sarah B. said...

It wouldn't be Christmas without a crying Santa picture! :-)

Derrell and Jennifer said...

LOL! Love the Santa pic!