Thursday, September 17, 2009

Camping, Climbing, and Riding

Last weekend Lance went to camping with the scouts and decided to take Parker with him.  They seem to have had a good time, and it was fun to have a weekend with just me and Kaeson together. Parker came back full of exciting stories to tell!
Look how beautiful it is there!  

Kaeson is becoming more active and busy every day!  He is always wandering away and exploring something new everywhere we go.  He continues to climb on EVERYTHING!  I tried to capture a few of his recent climbs.
Here he's just playing at the park, and looking adorable.  He loves the park and loves to explore everything there.
One of his favorite climbing places!  It's nearly impossible to get dishes done when he's awake, because I cannot keep him out of there.
He LOVES the slides at the parks.  He climbs to the top all by himself, and slides down all on his own.  He's taken some pretty good spills at the bottom because he never waits until I'm around to catch him.  It's funny to see how different kids' personalities can be.  Parker was so old before we could even convince him to try the slides, and then he would do it one time and want nothing else to do with it!  

Apparently it's not fun enough to just sit and ride on his bike, but he has to balance on the little tiny sit and stand there!  Not only does he love to climb on things, but he always has to be as high as possible, so he is always standing on or in stuff.
Like so.  He won't sit in the stroller while we walk, he has to be standing the whole time.  And it doesn't do any good to sit him back down, because he just gets right back up again.
And again, climbing into the wagon, and then standing tall!
Here he is so proud of himself!
And again!  He climbs onto this table twenty times a day!  He hasn't mastered getting off of things just yet, so I have to get him back down, and then he's right back up!
He just learned this one yesterday!  It scares me to death.  Luckily so far, he's only figured out how to get to the second step, but it's only a matter of time before he figures out how to get all the way up.


And in other very exciting news: Parker finally learned how to ride his bike!  It was a very exciting accomplishment and he is very proud of himself.  He still has a tough time if he has to go uphill at all--it's a lot of work--but he is doing great and he loves it!  

9 comments:

The Griner Family: said...

How fun! What is the excitement of the dishwasher??...mine do the same thing!!!

charlesfam said...

Your boys are adorable! I can't believe how fast they've grown.

Mark and Patty Taylor said...

Parker looks so old and looks like he was loving camping with his Dad. Kaeson just cracks me up with all of his climbing habits. Miss you guys!

Kayc said...

Love, love, love the second picture of Parker! What an awesome grin. :) And just when I thought I was done with climbing pictures.....they kept coming! He is a little daredevil! LOL. ADORABLE! I miss you guys!

Sarah B. said...

FUN!

Texie said...

I love them Tiff. Your boys are so cute. I really miss guys so much. Kaeson is a maniac! Love those man capri's he is wearing!LOL. So cute! Parker has the cutest smile!

Anonymous said...

Can't you find him a bigger orange polo shirt?

Laura Jansson said...

How fun that Lance took Parker to the campout! Wes is looking forward to campouts with our little guy, too! It's so funny to see how different Parker & Kaeson are! Kaeson is such a little dare devil! They are both such cute little boys. We need to get together soon, it's been a while :)

The Meyers said...

Kaeson is a super climber. I got to see this at McDs :-) He is soooo cute!