Lance has a break from school for this week before his fall classes start, so we decided to take advantage, and took Parker to Six Flags here in Louisville. We had a great day. He never really smiled or got excited on any of the rides, so it was hard to tell if he was even having that much fun, but as soon as each ride was over, he would say he had fun. He just never shows a lot of excitement. We spent the whole day there, and we were all pretty tired by the time we left. Parker didn't have a nap, which is something he has only done one other time. On the way home, he was so tired, his head kept bobbing up and down and as hard as he tried, he couldn't keep his eyes open, but he was a great trooper all day.

This was right after a Looney Tunes show for kids. I thought he might be kind of scared of the characters, but he really like them as long as they kept a little distance.



This was the only ride he was a little unsure about. We kept trying to get him to raise his hands like the other kids, but this was all he would do.

He liked it as long as it was going up, but every time it would make the quick jolt downward, he was a little nervous! I was really proud of him though, because you could tell it really scared him, but he tried so hard to be brave. He fought really hard not to cry. After he got off, he kept telling us he liked it, but every time we asked if he wanted to ride it again, he would say, "No, I'm too big." But he insisted that he liked it!

Lance was a trooper and rode all the rides that Parker couldn't ride or didn't want to ride by himself. He looks cute so big in all these little rides. Because I am pregnant, they wouldn't allow me on any of the rides, not even the little harmless kids' rides. Pretty dumb, but it meant Lance had to do it all.

He loved the big trucks! This was the first ride he got off of and immediately asked if he could go again, so he did ride this one a couple times. He didn't like driving it though. I kept telling him to hold the steering wheel and drive, but he was insistent that he lean back on his arms like this, and he sat that way the whole way around.

He also loved the cars. He wanted to ride this one by himself, but the cars whipped around the corner really fast, and we didn't think he would like it by himself. It would have thrown him all around the car if Lance hadn't been there for him to fall against on every corner.

The Looney Tunes characters greeted us right inside the gate, but Parker didn't want to stand by him alone just yet.

Me and Wile E. coyote. It was a little creepy having his giant hand all over my belly! He asked me to consider naming my baby Wile E. Coyote, and I told him we would think about it. I've made huge progress allowing my belly to be in front of the camera so late in pregnancy! Texie, aren't you proud?!!



We put our camera away when we went to the water park, so we don't have any pics of the swimming part of our day. He went down some of the kids slides, even though he didn't really like them. He's a strange kid who doesn't even really like regular slides, so I wasn't surprised that he didn't love the water slides. We wanted to have Lance take him down some of the big slides, but you have to be big enough to go alone, or not at all. He absolutely loved the lazy river that you go around on tubes. He would have stayed there lounging on the tube with me all day if we let him.
4 comments:
Looks like a blast, we love six flags. Yes, Clay did apply to louisville. I knew you were there so I made sure he did!! I'll let you know as soon as we hear from them. That would be so fun if we could get in. I try not to think about it too much, I don't want to get my hopes up:)!!
My favorite picture is the one with you and Wile E Coyote. You have the cutest belly....I would show it off all the time! I wish mine had been as great as yours. I'm jealous!
Tiff looks like you are having a good time so far. How fun!!! You look so good. you have such a cute little belly!!
How fun!! I love Parker's "strangeness"--I think he is just a thinker. The blanket thing is so cute...and your new crib!!! Wow. LOVE IT. Do you guys have a name picked out yet?
Post a Comment