On Wednesday we took Parker to the zoo. It was a perfect day for a trip to the zoo. The weather was pretty pleasant. We got rained on for a few minutes, but for the most part, the clouds just kept the sun away and kept us from getting too hot. Parker had a great time! He is at an age where he appreciated the zoo a lot more than Six Flags. When we got back in the car at the end of the day, he cried and begged to go to the zoo more. I may have to get a season pass so we can go more often. He loved it.

Me and Parker riding on the train. Of course, he loved the train ride!

This lady sat down right next to us, started eating her salad, and the gorilla came and sat right in front of her and just watched her eat. It was so cool to watch. She would show him the salad before each bite, and occasionally she would touch her hand up to the glass and the gorilla would put his hand right up to her. It was like watching a professional gorilla whisperer. I was way impressed, and seeing them interact so humanly was way fun. I wish the camera would have captured the gorilla better, cause you can't see him at all. As you can see, Parker really like watching it. He just stood right there the whole time staring at them.

On my last post, I said Parker isn't a normal kid and doesn't like slides, so Wednesday he decided to make a liar out of me and he went down this slide over and over and over again, every time saying, "go again!" So maybe now he is going to be more normal! Of course, one of his favorite things all day was the playground at the zoo!

They had this cool little place where you could feed these birds and they fly right up and land on you to eat the food. We refused to spend $1.50 on a cup of food, so it was hard to get the birds to come to us, but finally one of the workers brought one over. I was surprised at how cool Parker thought it was. He just giggled the whole time that the bird was biting him.



Here he is at the petting zoo. I was also a little surprised at how well he did with all these animals. He looks a little scared in this picture, but I promise he wasn't, that's just the face the camera caught. He really liked petting them all.


He is watching the baby monkeys playing, and he started acting like a monkey himself.


He would have stayed here all day and watched this train go around. He asked like ten more times that day if we could go see the "baby train" again.
2 comments:
I totally blog stalked you! I saw your blog on Heather Mill's blog. Isn't the blog world wonderful? Parker is so cute! He looks adorable in all those pictures! By the way, I did see the monkey take his sippy cup! :)
Sounds like you guys had SOO much fun! What a neat experience for Parker!
Post a Comment