Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Wild Wild West

Lance had a break for summer, so we took advantage and headed out west to spend lots of time with family.  We had an awesome trip, full of adventures.  Ok not really that adventurous, but lots of fun anyway. 

We started our vacation with the family reunion (see previous post) and then spent another week with Lance's parents.  We had a BBQ up in the mountains, went to Douglas' water park, and floated the river.  Then we went to SV and spent some time there.  My whole family was together for the first time in a really long time, which was awesome! We took a family trip to Lagoon.  The kids loved it!  We were sad Brandon couldn't come with us, but he was stuck at work. We swam out at the condo, the boys floated Salt River and went camping in the mountains by my parents' house, and Parker and Talan both rode sheep in the Junior Rodeo.  Lance, Ryan, my cousin Brian, and a friend all entered the Hog Wrestling at the county fair, and to everyone's surprise, took second place.  They did awesome!  Only in Wyoming, right Edie?! The video is posted on my facebook, if you want to see it.

Jess and I went up with the boys camping for a little while, and then went back down and slept in our own warm beds!
Parker coming out of the gate on a sheep.  This is the best picture I could get because that's as long as he lasted!  He wasn't impressed with the idea after he watched all the other kids fall off! I don't think he ever even held on!
Parker and Talan at Lagoon.  They were good buds this trip!
Parker and Hallie riding something at Lagoon.  I snapped this shot right before Hallie started crying.  She wasn't so fond of being lifted up in the air.
Parker and Hallie in the boats.
The kids with Uncle Boskey in the hot tub.
Parker at the Douglas water park.  He must have gone down this slide 500 times!

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wish we could have seen you while you were here. Your boys are so cute and the are growing up. Hope you are doing good and let us know when you come back this way!

Mike and Kimmy said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! I love your new hair. It's so cute. But then, you always look fabulous! :)

Sarah B. said...

Ye haw! :-) Looks like fun...

proudmamablogga said...

I'm going to have to look on your facebook for the video; that sounds awesome. Your hair is great, btw.

Anonymous said...

I love the family shot of you camping! Cute pictures.